Marcus has excelled himself with a sweet potato and chorizo soup for dinner. It was delicious and the chorizo on top really added some salty and spicy goodness. You can go ahead and ignore the messy bench.
Ingredients (Makes 4 decent bowls of soup)
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes (approximately 1kg), roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, roughly chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 litre of stock (approximately)
- 1 medium sized chorizo
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup of milk
- In a large pot brown off the onions in olive oil, then pop the sweet potato and potato and sprinkle on the curry powder.
- Cover the vegetables in the stock (you may need to use less than the litre or add a little extra water if needed) and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the chorizo and pan fry with the olive oil.
- When the vegetables are soft, use a stick blender (or regular blender) to puree the mixture.
- Add in the milk and stir to combine.