Hi there! My name is Ashley and I blog over at The Small But Mighty Runner.
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and our fur child (dog), Cooper. On my blog, I write about creating healthier lifestyle habits, the importance of making exercise a priority and I share my journey as an avid runner. I am so excited to be here on Sarah’s blog today to share some of my personal tips on how to stay on track with your fitness goals. I have found these easy tips to be completely manageable for someone with a busy lifestyle, so perhaps they will help you as well!
Here are my 5 full-proof ways to keep your fitness goals in check (in no particular order):
- Prepare For Excuses. First and foremost, acknowledge what your typical excuse for not exercising is. Then, come up with plan to get around it. Lay your clothing, shoes and gear out the night before so you are less likely to waste time choosing something in the morning. Pack a gym bag to keep in your car at all times so that you are always ready for an on-the-go workout. (Pack shower wipes and a spare deodorant as well) If you aren’t feeling up to a morning workout, shoot for a lunch break or after work, workout. You are most likely to stick to a commitment when you are prepared.
- Prioritize & Commit. It’s important to define your priorities. Exercise is an absolute priority to me, so every day I make time for it. Sometimes that means getting up at 4am to get my workout in on a busy day ahead. But because this is my priority, I find the time to make it work. I like to think about it as an appointment, you wouldn’t miss a meeting or appointment with a client, correct? So make this one of your daily appointments that you cannot miss.
- Plan Ahead. Each Sunday, review your schedule for the upcoming week, look at your availability of each day and prepare a workout schedule that you can stick to. Have a workout plan ready so you are less likely to back out of it. Know what you will be doing the night before so you can mentally prepare for the workout ahead.
- Find A Mantra. Find what inspires you. What gets you out of bed each day? Think about what this means to you and your fitness goals. When you find your mantra, say it throughout the day and during the workouts that feel the hardest, it will keep you focused and motivated to finish. Post pictures, positive affirmations and goals in places you are most likely to look daily, i.e. your mirror, in front of the coffee pot, etc. so that you have to look at it before you start your day. It may sound silly but it really does work! Pinterest has a great list of motivational quotes with pictures. You can check out some of my favorite quotes on my fitness board on Pinterest.
- Share Your Goals. Share your fitness goals with friends, family and coworkers. Yet another way to stay accountable. Those around you will want to be your biggest cheerleaders! Let them be there to support you when you’re feeling less than motivated. Surround yourself with those positive individuals. You never know, you may be inspiring someone close to you.
My Site: http://thesmallbutmightyrunner.blogspot.com/