The kind folks at Pitango were kind enough to ask me to do a review of their risotto packs that have recently been released in Supermarkets. This was a great way to quickly whip up a risotto without all the elbow grease and time required to do the full version.
One thing I really liked about it was that it was completely organic! There was no actual pieces of chicken in the risotto either it was just flavoured with chicken stock. So it made a great base for my pumpkin and mushroom risotto.
- 1 pack of Pitango Organic Chicken and Garlic risotto
- 1/2 large butternut pumpkin, cubed and roasted
- 10 large button mushrooms, sliced and cooked.
- half brown onion, chopped and cooked.
- half a cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Bacon, cooked (optional - not really, because everything is better with bacon)
- Additional parmesan for serving (optional)
1. Pour the risotto mix into a saucepan with 1-2 tablespoons of water to loosen it up
2. Add the pumpkin, onion and mushrooms and combine.
3. Add the parmesan cheese and mix.
4. Separate into serving plates and top with the bacon pieces and parmesan.
By adding the additional vegetables, this will serve 2 for dinner plus leftovers for lunch.
*Pitango sent me a gift card to purchase the required incregients for this risotto recipe, I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.