1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas
2. place the chickpeas, and all the ingredients except for the oil, into a food process and blitz them until they look a bit like a paste, but not too far otherwise you will have hummus.
3. Roll the mixture into small little balls and leave in the fridge for 90 minutes.
4. Fry the balls until they are a dark golden brown.
5. Enjoy with pita, lettuce, hummus, feta and anything else that takes your fancy.
This recipe was meant to make over 30 balls, I clearly make mine too big as it was only around 14 from one batch. Doubling the recipe works well as the balls keep for about 4-5 days in the fridge so are perfect with salads for lunches.