This post is 100% inspired by this post on Pinterest:
I originally re-pinned this thinking it was a fabulous idea. However, it could be made even better. This method works really well if;
- You have space for two pillow cases in your carry on (some people actually travel with a pillowcase so this could be helpful).
- You don't want to exercise while you are away
- It is summer where you are going
Some general tips I have for short work trips (which I do every week) are:
- Check if there is a pool, swimming is great exercise and you only need your togs and your goggles, much less room than your sneakers.
- Iron-free shirts are your new best friend. Brooks Brothers and a few other brands do amazing shirts that you pop in the dryer for 2 minutes and they are wrinkle free! In the hotel, just hang them in the bathroom while you take a shower and they are right as rain.
- A pair of thongs (aka flip flops) are a treat for walking through airports. Especially when you go through security. I usually change into my flip flops while waiting for the taxi to the airport.
- Wear your sneakers on the plane. If you are going to go for a run/gym session and you are worried about your bag being too heavy, pop those fluro pink sneakers on and have comfy feet for all that walking around the airport on hard concrete floors.
- Don't bother with PJs, I take a comfy t-shirt and just wear that to bed and you can wear it to work out the following day. That obviously only applies if you will be alone in a hotel room!
You can check out my other tips for travellers Part 1 and Part 2.