I am already debating whether or not to sell my wedding dress. I know a lot of bees before me have contemplated selling their wedding dress (like Mrs Fro Yo and Mrs Cowboy Boot). I dont intend on wearing it again and I am personally a huge fan of the eBay recycling system when I no longer have an interest in clothes. So, why not my dress? Lets weigh up the pro's and con's for selling the dress:
- Additional cash we could use to buy air conditioning or something much more useful than a dress I can't wear?
- No dress taking up vast amounts of space in our ever dwindling space of our appartment.
- No dress to pass down to a daughter/grandaughter or anyone.
- I wouldnt be able to participate in wedding dress pub crawls
- I wouldnt have anything to wear to a white ball gown party
- I couldn't do a trash the dress in my wedding dress
Ok, so a few of those cons arent really cons the only disadvantage that I can see to selling my dress is that I won't be able to pass it down to my children - It really would have been nice if my Mum still had her dress, I wouldnt have worn it but I could have had a piece of it sewn into my dress, tied some of it around my bouquet etc. Alas, my Mum had actually rented her dress.
So, I thought I had the perfect solution - sell the dress, restore and keep the veil for prosperity?
Until I discovered an almighty rip in my veil. So now back to plan A - keep dress. I have just dropped off my dress to have it dry cleaned and boxed! I was figuring that way, it will be in perfect condition if I do decide to sell it in a year or two. So, In other words, I am still on the fence, but taking the steps to ensure that I still have both options!